Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Fun and Full Week

 We have had such a full and fun week.  I took a lot of pictures to share.  First things first.....Greg's office is done!  YAY!  It looks great and he is really happy with how it came out.  Here is a picture below (Ian is looking out the window).  There are small doors on either side for additional storage.  It turned out so nice.


We have also been working on lots of holiday crafts.  Ian got a Christmas tree craft that he completed all by himself...it was really cute.  Ryan was more interested in playing with his toys in the back ground then doing that craft which was fine with me, then I got to do one too.  Here is a picture of Ian hard at work.

We also worked on some salt dough ornaments which both the kids loved painting.  They turned out so cute. (check out Ian's crazy hair!!)
Saturday night we took the kids on a date night out.  We went to the mall to meet Santa and then to Thirsty Lion for dinner.  It was a really special and fun night.  Here are the pictures of them with Santa, they both were so excited to tell him what they wanted.  You can see Ian naming off his toy list.  It was hilarious.  The santa at the mall was great with them and allowed Ian to go through is whole list.  Ryan's was simple he just said "cars stuff".  That about sums it up.

Today we went and cut down our tree and this evening we decorated it.  The kids had fun picking out a tree and helping to carry it.  They both took a turn putting the angel on top which was super cute.  Greg and I enjoyed Moscow Mule's while the kids were put to work decorating.  It is nice having 4 year olds, they are really getting into this Christmas stuff.



Speaking of Christmas stuff there are two other interesting things that happened this week.  The first is that when I was going through all the Christmas decorations for the house I noticed that all my candles were missing.  They were either thrown out and lost in the move :-(  I was so sad.  Greg said "what's the big deal, they are just candles, go replace them".   Okay he asked for it.  I replaced most of them....
The other thing that happened is we decided to try the Elf on the Shelf.  The boys love it.  Every morning they come downstairs and look for the elf which they named "grocery store".  It has been great for me, because when they are fighting with each other or being naughty, I just say....grocery store is watching and reporting back to Santa.  Both kids are desperate to be on the nice list.  I love it.  Here is our little elf....he is so cute!
Last but not least is Ryan dressed as an elephant.  They have costumes at his school and for some reason he decided to dress up for the last part of class last week.  It was pretty funny.
Well that about sums up the week.  I went to a great favorite things party on Friday night and it has totally inspired me to get more organized with my things.  A good resolution for the new year!  

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Sara Hunt said...

Erin,
I love your blog and love hearing about the boys!!! Also loved seeing the Yankee candles!!

We miss you!
xoxo
Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home