Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Day & Birth Day

We had a really fun Thanksgiving this year.  On Wednesday afternoon we drove over to Bend and met Greg's parents just in time to head out to Deschutes Brewery for dinner (our pre thanksgiving tradition).
Here is a picture of me and Ian enjoying our first night of vacation.
Thursday came and we spent the day relaxing around the house and cooking dinner.  Jeff and Parker arrived in the afternoon and the guys took the kids to the playground to burn off some energy.  We had a wonderful dinner around 5:30 and everyone went to bed early.
Here is a pic of the turkey cutting experts:
Friday morning Sandy and I went to try out Barre 3 and it was a great workout.  I like Xtend Barre better but it is nice to know that I will have a good workout spot when I am traveling to Bend from now on.  After that we saw the movie Lincoln which I will be writing a review about shortly.  That night we drove into Sunriver to for their tree lighting and Santa arrival.  It was really cool and while we were there we met up with all the Yahna's and the Olson family as well.  It was a super fun night.
Here is a picture of us in front of Santa's sleigh

Saturday came and we were all wearing our orange and black to support the Beavers for the civil war game and we were excited to celebrate Greg's birthday as well.  He turned 39 and it was truly a year to celebrate and be thankful.  Greg is such an incredible husband and father and we are so lucky!!  The Beavers couldn't pull out a win for his birthday but that didn't slow us down.  After the loss we needed to nurse our wounds so we went to 10 Barrel and met Erin Brundage for a drink or two or three.  After pot pie and carrot cake for dinner with Greg's parents afterwards we were all exhausted.  It was a great holiday and I think we have a new tradition in going to Sunriver on Friday night.  Now we just need to hit the gym to work off the 4 day eating fest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home