IKEA & Ice Cream
This weekend was pretty chill. It was pouring down rain both days so after swimming and soccer on Saturday we decided to make the trek out to IKEA. I had never been to the one in Portland. It is HUGE! The boys were pretty well behaved most of the time until we got near the end which is completely understandable. Even I was a little impatient trying to find my way out of there. They did, however, find a bed to crawl into (yes I am that Mom who let's their kids do that)!
We were there to find them bedding,but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. They each picked out some cute duvet covers and now they have bedding like big boys. Ryan picked the cream one with light green polka dots and Ian chose the white one with colorful trucks and cars (I was thankful he didn't choose the pink and purple princess ones :-) At the end we decided to take a break with ice cream cones, it was a good bribe to get them to behave. Ian only finished about half of his but Ryan at the WHOLE thing.
That evening we had a date night although after Vegas we weren't really feeling like too much drinking or going downtown. Instead we went to Thirsty Lion for a casual dinner and then went to see the new James Bond movie Skyfall. It was a fun and low key night. Sunday I went and saw the final Twilight movie with a girlfriend and Greg took the kids to PDX Playdate. The weekends always go so quickly! Ryan has the entire week of Thanksgiving off so we should get to spend some good quality time together and Ian only has school Monday and Wednesday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home