Chop Sticks Experts
Ryan and Ian talked me into taking them to lunch at Roxy's Hawaiian Grill on Monday afternoon. I hadn't been there before and neither had they, but they were very insistent so we tried it out. Using the chop sticks became the highlight of lunch. It was fun to watch them trying so hard to pick up their food. They were both very patient and didn't want to give up so it was a LONG lunch but a lot of fun.
I love that Ian is wearing his hat. So stylish!
In other news....we had a VERY busy week. I am grateful it is Friday. Greg got home from traveling on Wednesday night which was a very welcome sight for all of us. We have really missed having him around these last few weeks. Last night we attended an open house for Bright Horizon's. It was a great school but I still liked Touchstone better so I think we finally have a decision made about Ian's schooling next year. It is official....neither of them are going to our public elementary school until 2014 in which case they will start Kindergarten. We have decided to hold them back next year so Ian will attend a Pre-K program and Ryan will continue on with his current school Play Connections. We both feel it is the right decision for the kids. I have been a little uneasy about the whole thing and am finally feeling like we have made a choice and can move on to focus on other things. Ian's speech is making improvements daily and Greg noticed a difference from just being gone a few weeks. That is great news. His speech therapist recommended looking into occupational therapy for him because he is so sensitive about EVERYTHING. We haven't decided on that yet, but it is probably in his future. He can also write his name now, which I love. His favorite thing is to do my workouts with me(push-up's, etc.) and count to 100 and backwards again.
ended up parent helping today in Ian's class as another Mom was sick so we had a fun morning making salt dough heart necklaces for the mommy's for Valentine's Day. I will have to post a picture of the ones that Ian made, they are so cute.
Ryan continues to fly through his check points at school and I am so proud of him and everything he has accomplished. He is currently working with his therapist upstairs and I love to listen at the door. His voice is so sweet and he is getting so SMART socially.
Tomorrow the kids will go to sports class and swimming and then hopefully we can find a time to take them up sledding or skiing or both sometime this weekend. I am battling a horrific cold, but I refuse to let it disrupt my workout schedule so I am off to Body Combat with my friend Michele. I have never done it before and it will be much more cardio then I am used to compared to Xtend Barre and walking so it should be interesting.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home