Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving and such






I have a few minutes to blog while the boys watch a Leap Frog video. That is their new thing. Thomas was out months ago, and the Chuggington phase was over as soon as I went out and bought 2 new Chuggington DVD's. Ryan really won't watch anything anymore, he is scared of the shows for some reason. He stands behind the corner and half watches. Ian sits on the couch, totally consumed and doesn't move for half an hour.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. 4 day weekends are the best. It was Greg's birthday, so we spent the morning at home opening presents and preparing a few side dishes. Later that day we went to Jeff's for dinner and had a great time. The food was AWESOME and so was the keg of Jubelale. The boys (R&I and Parker) all played great together and the only meltdowns happened with my kids right as we sat down for dinner (such is life). But they pulled it back together once they tasted the yummy turkey. Ryan ate his weight in green beans. They were cooked with bacon so what's not to love! Friday we took them down to Playdate PDX to burn off some energy and Jeff, Parker, Bill and Sandy met us there. I broker off later in the day to get my hair cut and colored and then met them down at Pioneer Courthouse square for the tree lighting. I will never do that again....until the boys are older. It was crowded and extremely long. I ended up taking Ryan home after about 20 minutes as he had reached his limit and so had I. Saturday I ran some errands in the morning then we went to Big Al's in the afternoon to watch part of the Civil War game. The kids were moderately behaved so we were able to watch the entire first half of the game. I am glad to have missed the second half :-) That night Molly babysat and we went to the Columbia Employee store and then to the Secret Society for drinks. Later in the evening we met Jeff, Megan, Bill and Sandy for dinner at St. Jack. I had the mussels and they were super good. Sunday I went to see Breaking Dawn with Trish and Christie. It was really good and I am so glad I saw it.
This week is back to normal, Greg is traveling until Thursday and then back for the day and then traveling again on Friday. Saturday we leave for Vegas for 3 nights. I am beyond excited. Everyone here has been sick with awful colds and we haven't all slept through the night in over a month so I am ready to get out of town for a few nights.
The kids are doing pretty good in school. Ryan has a new speech therapist that will be coming to work with him along with his usual case worker. I am grateful for the extra help he will be receiving. I have included a few pictures from the last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home