Saturday, September 17, 2011

First Day of Preschool




Ryan and Ian had their first day of Preschool at Small Friends School on Thursday. Ian did really well and listened and followed instructions really well. He was smiling and playing all day. Ryan did great during the free play time but he really struggled with any of the organized activities. He was the most upset I have ever seen him. It was very unusual. I knew he would struggle a bit with the transitions but I was unprepared for how upset he would be. I just happened to be parent helping that day, which I think made the situation a little worse for everyone. After class the teachers spoke with me and we are going to see how the next few classes go. I contacted Ryan's early intervention case worker and he is going to help with this transition. I think it will just take him some time to get used to the routine of school. I am hopeful that he will be able to continue on at Small Friends, but I am going to start researching other programs, just in case. It was an extremely hard day for me. I am thankful for good friends to talk to who listen and remind me it was only the first day! More to come on this. Here are a few pictures before the meltdown!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home