What's Happening
So I am doing this new thing on email called OhLife (it is a daily private email diary) so I have been writing things there instead of posting to the blog. It is pretty cool, some days I just write one or two sentences. They send you an email everyday asking "how was your day". Kind of a fun way to document life without having to post a whole story.
We are doing good. Looking forward to Halloween. Ian has decided to be Super Why and Ryan wants to be a Ninja. We'll see how the whole thing works out. Bill and Sandy are going to be here this weekend which will be great. It has been forever since I have spent any time with them. Greg, his Mom and Jeff have a cooking class on Sunday afternoon, so we should be eating good the next week!!
Lately, I have been getting together with some girlfriends from High School and their kids once a week. It has been awesome to catch up with them.
Preschool is going okay for the boys, Ian is still doing very well although we would like to see him using more words and communicating better. Ryan is still struggling from day to day, but the drop offs have been much easier. He basically knows the schedule now so that helps. The teachers mentioned he tends to just keep his head down and play by himself. He doesn't communicate at all with the teachers or the other kids. Tracy from NWRESD has been going into his class every other week to help him with that. I am also looking into Play Connections as a possible way to get him some more help. Ideally, I would like to find another autism specific class I can drop him off at once a week for a few hours for intensive work. I called there today and am anxiously awaiting a call back.
The weather is getting COLD and the heat has kicked on a few times. I have really been enjoying the sunshine in the afternoon, but I know that won't last too much longer. I am taking advantage of it as much as possible.
I volunteered at the Children's Relief Nursery for four hours last Saturday and it was so great. I was exhausted, painting and cleaning is hard work but it was so incredibly rewarding.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home