August Happenings
What have the Mills been up to the last few weeks! Beats me, the time has gone by so fast. We have had a few very busy weeks. The boys schedule has been wild this summer, Monday’s Friends and Fun Class; Tuesday’s Speech Classes; Wednesday’s Friends and Fun Class; and Thursday Molly comes over to watch and play with them. Our only open days are Fridays. That will change next week though as speech classes are done until September. I feel like we are seeing amazing progress from Ryan, he is really starting to play and have fun with Ian and other kids. It is so wonderful to see his developing personality. Ian is still struggling with his words, but I do see him trying a little more so that is good. I cannot believe they will start Preschool next month. My little babies are growing up. Every time I drop them off for one of their classes and watch them put their backpacks in the cubby I am blown away by how old they seem.
We have been working really hard on discipline this week. Ian definitely likes to test boundaries. Ryan is easily distracted so he is a little easier to manage with discipline issues. Ian is quite stubborn and head strong (wonder where he gets that from J We are using time outs and trying to be more strict when he purposely misbehaves (which is often believe it or not). He gets a gleam in his eye and laughs right before he dumps a full cup of water onto the floor! It would be kinda funny if I didn’t have to clean it up.
In other news, Greg has been interviewing for the last several weeks at Intel and last week he was offered the position and accepted it. He will be starting the day after Labor Day and will be at Xerox the next few weeks wrapping things up. The job is Director of eCommerce. Very exciting! I am so happy for him and I know he is looking forward to a new challenge.
We are also considering looking to move to another house. We are quickly outgrowing our 2200 square feet and I am desperate to get off of 155th Street. It has become so busy since we moved in and I really want a place where the kids can play outside without so much traffic. More on that as it unravels. It will take a small miracle to get this house cleaned out and ready to list so we may be here for another 10 years or so!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home