Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer is here......

Summer is here....well kinda! There are definitely more nice days and less rain so that has been great. What's been happening with us? Well we have been busy with the kiddos. Last weekend we went to Bend to visit Mimi and Papa and hear all about their European vacation. Ian gave Mimi a new name - Kiki! I think that is so cute. Friday night we had dinner and wine and I stayed up a little past my bedtime. Saturday we hiked (briefly), went to the playground, ate some Jimmy John's sandwiches and has a date night. It was a really fun weekend. Greg flew out to Arizona bright and early Monday morning and will be back this afternoon. Things have been pretty quiet since he has been gone. The boys went to their Friends and Fun class on Monday morning and Tina (the NWRESD specialist) came to observe Ryan. We had a chance to chat after class and she said she saw a lot of really good things and a few social areas he needs to work on. We have his formal evaluation next week and will hopefully come to a decision regarding his diagnosis and where we go from here. Ian has speech class today with me at the Gerry Frank Center. Although Ian continues to make progress he is still having a lot of trouble with certain letters of the alphabet. He basically refuses to work with me on anything so I just try to incorporate sounds he can't make into our everyday routine. He is much better at working with Greg so that is really helpful!
We have a fun weekend planned. Friday night I am seeing a movie with Trish and Saturday we are going to A Day Out With Thomas at the Hood River railroad. I am so excited for them to experience the train ride and activities around riding the real Thomas. I am sure Ryan's jaw is going to be wide open the whole time. Jeff and Parker are going to join us so it will be a fun family adventure. Bill and Sandy are coming over on Saturday night and will be here Sunday for Father's Day. Greg is going to golf with his Dad and brother to celebrate on Sunday and then we are going to BBQ! Greg is in town next week and then will be traveling the following week. I have been trying to enjoy my quiet evenings alone by watching some chick flicks and catching up on my reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home