What a Morning....

We had a bit of an accident this morning....everyone is okay but it was VERY scary. I ran on the treadmill this morning and the boys were playing in the garage building train tracks. When I was done I turned off the treadmill like I always do and went inside to get a drink of water. While I was inside I heard the treadmill turn on followed by Ian and Ryan both screaming. I rushed to the garage (luckily I will just in the kitchen) and Ryan was pinned to the cabinet behind the treadmill with the belt moving and his hands on the belt. He was trying to push himself up and couldn't. There was SO much blood. I literally froze for about a second (too terrified to move) then rushed to turn it off and grabbed him. When I grabbed him, I feel on the moving belt so I am pretty beat up as well. I rushed him to urgent care with Ian in tow (luckily Greg was able to meet us there). Ryan's little hands are completely torn up with burns and he even has a few third degree burns. We are scheduled to see a plastic surgeon on Monday to monitor him in case he needs a graph on his hand. The silver lining is that nothing appears to be broken and he is handling the pain well with ibuprofen. Being that he is so young his skin will regenerate fast and he will probably be well on the mend before I am. Greg was able to use a rubber band to secure his fork to his hand so he could eat his lunch. We will be helping him with that for a few days and we will continue to monitor him. I never say this, but please pray for him and for me. I am beyond traumatized and terrified by what happened. I never thought in a million years he would be able to figure out the combination of buttons to turn on the treadmill!!


2 Comments:
Many prayers for quick recovery. Luckily, your boys are troopers! Can't believe Ryan was already able to use his fork and eat lunch. Just amazing.
OH MY GOSH Erin, So glad nothing is Broken- but oh man how terrible! we will be praying for a QUICK recovery for both of you! xoxo
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home