Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last Day of Preschool

Ryan and Ian had their last day of Preschool yesterday.  As I watched them sitting on the rug with their friends eating their popsicle I was filled with so many emotions.  I was looking forward to a fun summer ahead with the boys, I was proud of them for getting through their first year of preschool with mostly happiness, I was a little sad for the change in my own personal time schedule, and a little nervous about what the year ahead might hold for all of us.  They have done really well this year, and although they mostly play together instead of with the other kids, they have learned to follow a routine and be around other kids.  I love the school they are in and can't wait for next year.  This summer we have a lot to work on, potty training, intensive RDI therapy for Ryan, more speech therapy for Ian and also breaking Ian of his binkie. Today was Ian's first day that he can only have his binkie in his room.  That has mostly been the rule, but I have been very lax with it lately.  He handed me his binkie this morning before he went downstairs and he even found a binkie downstairs and gave it to me and told me to put it in his bed.  I was very impressed.  We will try this for a few weeks and see how it goes, then it will be time to part with it forever.  I truly believe this is going to be as hard on me as him, because I use it to quiet the screaming and whining.  Ha ha, guess I need to get my ear plugs back out.  (I used to use those all the time about a year ago).  The rest of the week will be pretty slow for us.  Ryan went for his play therapy at ArtzCenter today and this weekend Mimi and Papa will be here.  Love 3 day weekends!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home